LUMBERJAXE BEER CAN CHICKEN
Total barbeque time - 1h45 - 2h
Difficulty - 🔥🔥
Serves - 4
What you will need:
1 large chicken
1 can of premium lager/beer
3 tbsp LumberjAxe Sweet Barbeque Rub
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp LumberjAxe Sweet Barbeque Rub
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Remove whole chicken from packaging and cover in LumberjAxe Sweet Barbeque Rub.
2. In a baking tray, stand can of beer or lager in centre. Sit chicken on top of can so the can is inside the chicken.
3. Dice onions into large sections and place in baking tray below chicken.
4. In a bowl mix together honey, LumberjAxe Sweet Barbeque Rub and olive oil to create a wet rub.
5. Place your chicken on spit or in oven at 160°C and cook slowly for 140mins to 2h, allowing the chicken to be infused by beer.
6. Occasionally apply wet rub through the cooking process to allow the ingredients to glaze.
7. Once the chicken is cooked through, apply wet rub once more and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
BBQ - Light the barbecue using the three-zone configuration (bank the charcoal on each side leaving the middle clear). Get the coals on the barbecue to a consistent heat of between 190°C to 200°C.
Cook’s Note – Best served with garlic dirty potatoes and honey glazed vegetables.
Beer can chicken, LumerjAxe Style!